Olive oil, especially extra-virgin olive oil, has long been known for its many health benefits, and is even said to be the secret to the longer life expectancies of the Mediterranean population. It’s therefore no wonder it has numerous health benefits. Read the seven surprising ways it could help you to lead a fuller, healthier life.
1. Olive oil contains good fats, great for heart health.
2. It’s packed with antioxidants.
3. Olive oil may help prevent high blood pressure.
4. It may help protect you from depression.
5. Olive oil may play an important role in preventing osteoporosis.
6. It could lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Extra virgin olive oil reduces inflammation.